Thursday, October 20, 2011

New tricks: Getting undressed and kissing owies


Allie's latest fun trick is taking her shirt off. More than a few times I've gone into her room after a nap or a night of sleep and found her shirtless. I only hope that she's taken the shirt off since waking up and not sleeping all night without her shirt! Her room can get pretty cold!

The other night at dinner she decided to take her shirt off.

Another trick I've taught her is that if you get hurt, Mama or Dada can kiss the hurt and make it better. I ask her if I can kiss it, she says yes, and I kiss it and say "all better!"

Some nights she goes and "hurts" herself just so Mama or Dada will kiss the owie.

Monday night I fell down when my foot got tripped up on the gate. I hit my knee and sprained my ankle. Allie kissed both and they were all better! Well, the knee was all better. It took a little longer for my ankle.

We did this when I was a kid. Its a good approach to make owies not a big deal. Kids will be hurt if we make a big deal of it. Of course there are the big owies that take a few kisses, but overall Allie doesn't make a big deal of her owies.

No comments:

Post a Comment