Tuesday, June 9, 2009

New activity on the job front?

I have had more job activity in the last two weeks than I have had in the last four months! Maybe my luck is turning?

I check the state job Web site regularly and apply for any new clerical job posted. About two or three weeks ago I applied for a job at the university in the Division of Information Technology. Its for a program assistant, advanced confidential. This has been a really quick turnaround because last week I got an email asking for my cover letter and resume if I'm still interested. I had to send it in by last Friday. So today after I got home from class, I had a message on the answering machine to call in and schedule a phone interview!

With these state jobs, I have only gotten a further inquiry about one other position, and unfortunately I didn't get my stuff together in time to apply. So I think I get the follow up application stuff if I pass an initial screening. I must have passed ANOTHER screening to get a call to schedule a phone interview? The phone interviews are being scheduled for June 22 and 23. Unfortunately I don't think I have much of a chance of getting this job, but I'm certainly going to try. If I were to get a state job, I'd be set for life.

I also had an interview last week for a part time desktop publisher job with a life insurance company here in Madison. I have yet to hear about the results of that interview, and I don't think any of my references have gotten calls yet.

So I'm crossing my fingers! We could certainly use a break. I'd love to call off the job search and have an income again!

No comments:

Post a Comment