Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Stupid round ligaments

Despite my repeated attempts to get back to running, I think those days are over. Or it might just be temporary again. I have no idea. I'm having some terrible round ligament pain. I tried running on the treadmill yesterday and couldn't even make it a minute, it hurt so bad. I switched to the elliptical and the pain continued, but it was more bearable. I get the pain when spinning too but it goes away about 20 minutes into the class. I have even been having slight round ligament pain while swimming and sleeping.

Whose idea was it to put ligaments in front of the uterus anyway?

I think baby and I may be on a growth spurt. My belly is getting bigger and its definitely a lot more round than it was two weeks ago. I'm hoping maybe the growth spurt will slow down and then the round ligament pain will too. But until it does, I'm relegated to the elliptical.

But I'm not too happy about it. Don't get me wrong. I was an elliptical person until I started running. But now I prefer the running! My fitness level is probably returning to about where it was before I got hurt last fall, in frequency at least. But the running is replaced by swimming and the elliptical, and eventually water aerobics. I find water aerobics pretty boring, but it give me a workout and eventually that might be my most comfortable way of working out.

At least I can still spin. And that's what I plan on doing tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I know you posted this a long time ago...sorry for the delay in commenting. I have been going to a chiropractor for the last few months that specializes in women & pregnancy and she has worked wonders on my round ligament pain! I feel like a new woman!

    ReplyDelete