Friday, June 12, 2009

My love/hate of swimming

I'm really loving the water right now. Its kind of ironic since last winter when swimming was my only option because of my stress fracture, I hated it. But I've started swimming two or three times a week since I'm not running anymore. And since I'm swimming more, I'm getting better at it, so I like it more. Not to mention, I'm just more comfortable in the water right now.

I wish I could run though. My knee is progressing, I think. But I'm not sure I could run even if my knee didn't hurt. With my uterus growing, baby is putting more pressure on my bladder. I think if I did run, I couldn't run very far, at least not very far from a bathroom.

Spin class is still OK, though I suspect my days are numbered there too. I have some round ligament pain during spin class, but nothing I can't handle. I'm sure it will get more uncomfortable as my belly grows.

But the water will be my friend throughout the rest of these nine months. And water aerobics, though somewhat boring, will be my friend too. I'm determined to stay active.

No comments:

Post a Comment