Thursday, October 7, 2010

Home to work and back again

I need to post more often but truthfully, there's not a whole lot going on. We're plenty busy getting from home to work and back again, then making dinner and putting Allie to bed. Its exhausting!

Allie looks so grown up. We're starting to give her more and more non-pureed food. The newest additions are raisins, graham crackers and bananas. The funny thing about the bananas is that she didn't really care for a mashed banana, but cut up finger food bananas are a big hit.

I've been taking on the challenge the last few weeks of cooking a real meal for dinner every night. For the last few weeks I've either cooked dinner or we've had leftovers. And I've been trying a lot of new recipes. We're not going out as often as we used to and we haven't had dessert all week! This week I made moroccan-style ziti with chicken, tacos, lemon chicken (in the crock pot, so good) and overstuffed calzones. All those recipes are in cookbooks or else I'd link them. We've loved them all.

The efforts are paying off because over the last month I've lost 6 pounds. Hopefully more than that though, as I do my weigh-in on Friday mornings. So hopefully I'll add to that pounds lost category! TGIF!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for doing all that cooking at the end of a long day. As you know, we live by the crockpot- especially during the winter.

    ReplyDelete