Tuesday, October 12, 2010

She's growing up

Allie is trying new toys at the playground. Tonight she ate a whole banana with her dinner. And she walked. A lot. She's officially walking, 12 steps at a time. Tonight she was more steady than over the weekend. It looks like she'll walk and we can't stop her.

Allie is learning the meaning of "no." And she's also learning how fun it is to disobey when momma or dada say no.

She's growing up so fast. We're starting to plan her birthday party. Yesterday Doug and I bought her birthday presents. I think we may have gotten too much, but the first birthday only comes once, right?

I keep thinking about last year at this time. I was putting the finishing touches on Allie's room. I was moving through my to-do list, cleaning and organizing. I was so excited to meet Allie and to be able to bend over again. Its so surreal to see how she's changed and how we've changed. Now we're planning a birthday party and trying to figure out what other babyproofing has to be done now that she's walking and getting more adventurous by the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment