Monday, October 25, 2010

Looks like we made it

There were so many times I didn't think we'd make it through the first month, let alone the first year! Yet here we are 360 days later with a happy, well-adjusted baby girl. Only she's not a baby anymore. She's a big girl. She's my big girl!

I started using the Friday Flashback tag so that I wouldn't end up flashing back every time I wrote in this blog. But in the week before her birthday, I think I just can't avoid it.

A lot of moms I know were sad at their babies' first birthdays. I'm suppose I am sad, but also excited. She's becoming an awesome little kid and I know it will just keep getting better. Every day she learns something new. She imitates what we do, she makes funny noises, she entertains herself with the most insignificant playthings, she eats grown up food. There are no limits to what Allie can do.

I definitely believe that in addition to celebrating Allie's first birthday, her party on Saturday will be for Momma and Dada too. After all, we made it through our first year as parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment