Monday, August 10, 2009

Down time day one

Since I'm done with my nursing assistant class, now I have a whole lot of down time on my hands. I'm enjoying the relaxation time for right now, but I give myself until Wednesday or possibly sooner to get tired of it. And when that happens I will start on my list of projects that were waiting for me to have time to complete them.

I'm also able to eat better and work out more regularly. While I was in clinical I couldn't work out because I was so tired after working all day. I also didn't eat the greatest during that time either.

Day one of my down time went well with an elliptical workout and a day of eating that followed my diet plan a lot better than I have so far. I don't remember if I mentioned this here, but I saw a dietician a couple weeks ago because of my concerns about my pregnancy weight gain and she gave me a meal plan based on exchanges, like the kind diabetics use. I guess I'd be put on this plan anyway if I end up with gestational diabetes.

I didn't like not working out. Last week I was lazy and before that I was busy, but now I'm looking forward to working out five and six days a week again. I have taken up pilates and I'm continuing spin classes. The elliptical is more comfortable than the treadmill and the pool at Gold's Gym is finally open so I can get back to swimming.

I'm sure working on the house projects and preparing for baby will make the time go quickly. I'm looking forward to getting Allie's room ready (with plenty of help), childbirth classes as well as seeing friends I haven't been able to see while in school. The not so fun tasks include cleaning Allie's closet and our bathrooms.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you are able to enjoy your down time a little before you get too bored. I got your message and I'll try to give you a call back tonight or tomorrow. I'd love to get together sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete