Sunday, August 23, 2009

Even better than I imagined!

When I thought of artwork on Allie's walls, I envisioned some stars stenciled around the top or the middle of the wall. This is WAY better than that.



My sister-in-law Julie is so artistic and creative, and Doug and I feel privileged to have her helping with Allie's room! She's painted the ceiling and walls, put up the ceiling fan and is also making curtains! The best part? Its not even done yet. We are SO excited to see the finished product.

I'm not sure what we would have done without her. Doug and I certainly don't know the first thing about painting a wall, let alone all this art stuff. The extent of mommy's artistic talent is the stripes and polka dots I painted on these letters.

Its mommy's personal touch for Allie's room. This is one great room. I almost wish I could sleep in it!

3 comments:

  1. Jessica and Doug,
    I think the room is really turning out nice. I noticed there is a Redskins placemat under Allison's name. I wouldn't be surprised if something Redskin didn't turn up in Allison's room!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thats just the placemats. I'm doing my best to keep the redskins out of the room, though I'll let Doug buy her some redskins clothing :-) Thanks for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess the nursery is looking awesome!! Allie is so lucky to have such an artistic auntie!

    ReplyDelete