Saturday, August 1, 2009

The registry is hard work

Doug and I spent the afternoon establishing the first of two baby registries. We were in the store for over three hours and managed to register for more than 200 items! Of course I promptly came home and did some editing, because we managed to duplicate some things as well as register for two each of all the big things... high chair, pack 'n' play, stroller and car seat. Not really sure how we did that. We also put a ton of blankets and other things on it. I think I got it to a more manageable size list.

We decided to wait until next weekend to start the other registry.

In other news, we bought a crib mattress! I couldn't believe the range in mattress types. The most expensive mattress the store had was better than the mattress Doug and I sleep on right now. While we want our baby to be comfortable, we didn't think it necessary to spend $250 for a crib mattress. The one we got was $100.

We weren't able to get any paint samples. I had been under the impression we could get small sample jars of any kind or color, but I guess thats not the case everywhere. So we will just pick one of the two shades we like and buy the big can of paint. However, looking at all the choices for paint types today, its not as simple as telling them, "We want lavender." Next weekend I think we'll get paint and maybe the ceiling fan as well as a few more accessories.

My wonderful sister-in-law Julie has volunteered to do the painting for us as well as some wall art! I can't wait. He kids rooms are so creative and beautiful, I feel privileged to have that artwork here!

Tomorrow is putting together the dresser day. The nursery certainly isn't coming together quite yet, but it is well on its way. I will post more pictures as we get more stuff done.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see your finished nursery! It is going to be so precious! Glad you had fun registering!! :)

    ReplyDelete