Thursday, August 13, 2009

Its a dance party

I'm not sure what has changed in the last 24 hours or so, but Allie is really starting to move and groove in mommy's belly. I'm feeling lots of kicks and also lots of squirms and other movements. In fact, she's kicking in one area so much its starting to hurt a little. The muscle is actually sore.

Its not hard for me to see her movements from the outside. If I'm sitting on the couch or something I can see the movements even if I'm looking at something else. But everytime I tell Doug to look, I guess Allie decides she doesn't want daddy to see because he hasn't been able to see the movements too much.

At the doctor on Monday they gave me information about doing kick counts, starting around 32 weeks. Its a tool to monitor baby's well being because a decrease in movement can signify problems. But I doubt I'll need to keep track, unless something changes. For kick counts, I'm supposed to pay attention to how long it takes to feel eight baby movements. Right now I can feel eight movements within just a few minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment