Sunday, January 17, 2010

An awesome event

I am very very happy to report that I filed for my final unemployment check a few minutes ago! Starting this week I'll get paid for actually working! I used to complain about going to work but I won't be doing that any time soon, at least I hope not. This work will be way different than what I'm used to. I used to work nights, weekends and holidays and I only had to worry about myself. Now I don't have to work nights, weekends or holidays, and I have Allie to worry about. I hope she adjusts well to daycare. And I hope I adjust well to not only working days, but getting up at 5 a.m. in order to work those days!

Life is so different from how it was a year ago. I've always looked back and wondered how my life would be different if a certain event hadn't happened. As bad as it was to be unemployed for a year, maybe if that hadn't happened, we wouldn't have Allie with us today.

Another big event this weekend was my run yesterday morning. I ran 3.25 miles in 40 minutes. This is a big deal for me. The last time I ran this far was last June. I've been really evaluating my goals this week and trying to decide if a full marathon in the fall is too much. I finally decided I'm going to start my half marathon training as planned and decide after the race how I want to plan for the summer and fall in running. I don't need to plan my entire year right now. Really, its impossible to plan out the whole year and I feel silly for trying.

2 comments:

  1. I find it takes about 10 to 14 days to adjust to a new wake up/ sleep schedule. I think you will be surprised to see how getting up at 5am is refreshing way to see the day! I am trying to get someone back into my morning schedule from vacation. Best of luck tomorrow! You will be great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, I think I just set myself up for "failure" (well, not failure, just being hard on myself) when I try to plan too many things in advance. Keeping one big thing on the horizon never hurt anyone, but be kind to yourself. Hooray for EMPLOYMENT paychecks!

    ReplyDelete