Sunday, January 31, 2010

Working the day shift is tough

Its harder than I thought it would be to work the day shift. Its been two weeks now and I have no idea where the weekends have gone. I don't have time to get anything done during the week. The house is a mess and I don't have the time or motivation to clean it up!

I went from working nights for six years to not working at all to working the day shift with a baby in tow. This would be a hard enough transition without Allie. Not that I'm complaining though. I love every moment I get to spend with her. But I feel bad because the time I have to spend with Allie on the weekends is also the time when I need to get everything done that I don't have time for during the week. Thats just about everything because weeknights are spent getting us all fed and to bed to do it all again the next day.

Allie is now three months old. I had planned to post about her three-month mark as well as some new pictures but there just isn't time. How do working parents ever get used to this?

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, I have NO clue since parenthood may never be on the horizon. Trust that you're doing a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can only do what you can do, and you're doing great! I, too, wonder what will happen when I'm working full-time how to clean my home and take care of my cats, but it will happen!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete