Sunday, July 12, 2009

Diva Dash

One of my favorite races that I ran last year was the Diva Dash 5K. Its a race to benefit Girls on the Run of Dane County. I've never been involved in it, but I think its a great cause. They coach girls to run and be active. Maybe Allie will be part of that program some day.

The race is all about girls and people dress up and have lots of fun. There's a program through Fleet Feet, the main sponsor, called No Boundaries. This is a group of older people they've coached to run their first 5K.

So I think this is an all over great race, but I couldn't run it this year. At the beginning of the summer, I thought maybe I could run it. But I stopped trying to run about two weeks ago. My round ligament pain is very prevalent, and that along with the pressure on my bladder just makes it too uncomfortable. So its not fun and I'm sure I'd be at higher risk for yet another injury.

Anyway, I volunteered at the race today. I wanted to still be involved. I worked the water station and had a great time. They also have a little kids race before the big race and that was a lot of fun! I like volunteering at races, but I'm also starting to miss running them. I'll be back next summer though, back and better than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment