Thursday, July 30, 2009

We have a crib

Pictures of the beginnings of Allie's room. Enjoy!


This will eventually be Allie's dresser. We haven't tackled this project yet.

The pieces of the crib.

Pieces of the dresser. All pieces were accounted for and are in good condition.

The theme for Allie's room is stars and moon. The bedding set is called "Goodnight Star."

We put the crib together last night. It wasn't terribly difficult (the dresser will be more complicated), but it was time-consuming.


And the finished crib!!

Tonight, Doug and I are going to a free baby budgeting class at the hospital. I'm really hoping we can get some good information on a realistic baby budget because right now we just don't know what to expect. We do know we will save money because we won't need daycare right away and Allie will be breastfed. So what else do we need to budget for? Hopefully the class will tell us.

This weekend we're planning on getting some more accessories to go with the bedding and some other things like maybe a crib mattress. We're also going to get some paint samples mixed to put on the wall before we make the final decision on the room color. We have settled on two lavender shades.

As far as other tasks, I'm making it my mission to clean Allie's closet when I'm done with nursing assistant clinical and class, which will be next week. I have tomorrow off, so maybe I'll start this challenge tomorrow. But I may have to wait for a time Doug can help because its a lot of storage items we'll have to just move into the basement.

I'm feeling good this week. I feel it if I over-exert myself. One thing I'm really working on in clinicals is good body mechanics, i.e., taking care of my back. I didn't do a good job of that today and my back is sore. But getting to the gym most days will hopefully keep me nice and limber.

There's not that much else to report today, other than today marks 26 weeks! Time is really starting to go quickly. The start of August will mark three months to go. I can't wait to meet you Allie!

2 comments:

  1. Jessica and Doug,

    The crib is adorable. I really like it. Congratulations on putting it together. I am really impressed.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I really love the comforter you picked out. That's going to be super cute.

    ReplyDelete