Sunday, July 19, 2009

Getting closer to my new career

Tomorrow I get to start putting my newfound nursing assistant skills to work. I'm done with the classroom portion, and now I'm starting my clinical part of the class to get hands on experience. I'm going to a downtown longterm care facility for two and a half weeks. After that, I'll have my final exam and then I can take the state certification test.

This is me in my "uniform." Its just scrubs, but don't I look official?

I took this picture on the first day of my lab. Of course, my belly is bigger now, but its essentially the same.

I start tomorrow with just some orientation and tour of the facility. The real work starts Tuesday. I've been nervous about this since the first day of the class, but I think I'm ready. I'm not sure what to expect, but I know I can do it.

It could take awhile to get in to take the state certification test, and I likely will wait until after Allie is born to start applying for jobs. The nursing assistant job is a physical one and by the time I have the certification I'll be too far along to really do the job. Its better to wait. So while I'm excited about getting closer to my new career, its still a little far off. It will be worth the wait though.

No comments:

Post a Comment