Wednesday, July 22, 2009

What a relief!

This week a huge weight is off my shoulders, and Doug's too. I don't write about our really personal things on this blog, but I did want to mention this just because life has improved immensely with this one little transaction. Well, actually a bunch of smaller ones, but the details don't matter.

Long story short, we were in a bit of a pickle with my unemployment benefits. There was a problem with my eligibility about three months ago. The ultimate decision was that I am allowed benefits, but it took over two and a half months to get that processed, and I got no money at all during that time. But that all changed this week. I got direct deposited all the back pay I should have gotten during that time. Now I will get a weekly payment again. And just in the nick of time too.

So now I have an income again, albeit a much smaller one than when I was working, but we are in a better spot. Doug and I are really excited because, among other things, we can get started on Allie's room!

Some people reading this blog have been aware of the situation and offered invalueable support. Just being able to talk to people during this rough time has made such a difference. You know who you are, and from the bottom of my heart, I thank you.

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! I'm so so glad that your unemployment came through. That's wonderful.

    Do you have a theme or color scheme in mind for Allie's room?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess: I'm so glad to hear this!! I've been thinking about you guys and hoping things would fall into place. Can't wait to hear about setting up the nursery! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete