Thursday, February 18, 2010

Contentment

Its something I haven't felt in a long time, this feeling of contentment. I've been happy, but I think being content is different. Its adding a feeling of security to the happiness.

I first thought of this Saturday night as Doug and I were sitting down to the movie portion of our date night. Grandma and Grandpa Swanson were baby sitting Allie and we were able to go out and relax. I started to realize that even though my job isn't permanent, that I do have a job and Doug and I are starting to get this parenting thing down. Its not all gloom and doom anymore.

I have to say I like this feeling.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad things are getting a little better for you. We really should have you guys over for dinner some weekend... What do you have coming up in the next couple weeks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably because you're an awesome mom, y'know?

    ReplyDelete