Sunday, February 28, 2010

February in review

February was a tough month as far as the workouts go. I'm having a hard time getting to the gym in the evening and when I get there I have a hard time working out, usually because of what I've eaten for dinner. I'm trying to figure out how to coordinate getting Allie, Doug and I fed and eating the right stuff before working out. Its a work in progress.

One thing that does still work: Going running after a breakfast of oatmeal and yogurt. Thats what I did two years ago when I trained and I did it this morning and felt great. Its too bad I didn't have more time to do a run longer than 3 miles. There's never enough time on the weekends!!

This month I ran 25.8 miles and spent 5 hours, 41 minutes and 54 seconds doing it. So at least my mileage beat January's 23 miles! I "started" my half marathon training in February. I put that in quotation marks because I'm not too satisfied with my progress. I need to look over my goals and decide if they need to be changed.

Year-to-date stats: 48.7 miles for 10 hours, 31 minutes, 24 seconds. Thats a lot of time spent running!

I said last month my goal for February was working in coordinating work with life. I've made progress on that too but that goal is not yet complete.

Its hard to believe March is already upon us. Hopefully by month's end the snow will melt and we can all get outside. I'm looking forward to getting on the pavement and off the treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment