Sunday, February 7, 2010

How did this happen?

So over the last three weeks, I've worked out maybe four times. I've eaten way more ice cream than I should and a lot of junk. Yet I lost SEVEN pounds?

Yep, I did. I have now lost 38 of the 65 pounds I gained in pregnancy. Now at 202, I only have two pounds to go before I get back below 200! If I can just start working out consistently and not eating junk, who knows what could happen? I've been upset with my lack of weight loss and the changes in my body since Allie's birth. But considering I've lost almost 40 pounds in just over three months, that's really pretty darn good. I'll take it!

I suppose it helps that when I'm at work I can't just go to my kitchen to eat, as was my tendency when I wasn't working. I also take the stairs up and down two floors at least three times each day... and besides that I don't sit in front of the TV every day anymore.

In other news, the Colts are my team, but I can't be upset that the Saints won. I would have rooted for the Saints if they'd played any other team. It was a good game.


Here's me and Allie celebrating after a Colts touchdown. We're going to work on the touchdown signal in the offseason.

I had my first training run today. It was just two miles, so I decided to experiment with my speed a bit. I upped a bit at each running interval, getting to 5.2 mph before deciding to slow it down. I ran my two miles in 25:40 with running intervals of three minutes and walking intervals of one minute. I think I can work with the one-minute walking break. I felt really strong. I think taking the stairs at work is paying off. I really felt like a runner today. Its great to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment