Tuesday, February 9, 2010

January in review... a way better start than last year

2010 has started out way better than 2009 did. So I've decided that even though more than a week has passed in February, it is still worth it to do a belated January in review.

January was when I got a job and finally returned to consistent running. I DID NOT slip on the ice, have to use crutches or get laid off like last year.

I ran 23 miles in January, and spent 4 hours, 49 minutes and 30 seconds doing it.

January was when I finally started feeling like I have gotten the hang of this mommy thing. Then I became a working mommy and that feeling of "getting the hang of it" disappeared.

Goals for February include getting my act together on coordinating life with working. I'd like to be able to write in the blog, work out consistently, talk to my friends... the things I used to do. I'm slowly adding things back in week by week. I also plan to run a lot of miles and get a good start on training as well as get back to a routine of eating well. That will be a hard task since the last time Doug and I ate well was probably well before Allie's birth. But it will happen again!

It seems like I should write more about a month in which so much happened, but this will suffice. It will be interesting to compare February's review with January!

2 comments:

  1. You are incredible. Please don't forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the start of your training and your weight loss. 40lbs in 3 months is definitely not nothing, it is AWESOME, especially with all the changes you have going on in your life.

    ReplyDelete