Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Recent firsts

First "word" (sort of): "Ah goo," spoken last night. The book lists combining vowel and consonant sounds as the beginnings of talking! And it just so happened this combination was spoken while we had the camcorder out recording her smiling and playing! And tonight she was just talking up a storm! I promise I'll post the proof some day...

First time grabbing a toy: Tonight while in her bouncy chair Allie reached for the green elephant hanging down.

First laugh: Doug and I swear we heard Allie give a small laugh on Sunday morning. But hasn't yet been repeated and we don't have video proof.

And an unfortunate first: We think Allie is coming down with her first cold. :-( She's got a runny/stuffy nose and has been rubbing her eyes. But as of right now her behavior hasn't changed and she still seems to be in a good mood. I guess we'll see if its really a cold of just a runny nose.

3 comments:

  1. Ah goo = agua? I love you? Ague? Achoo? :) Cute regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think "goo" probably means "Mommy" :). Hope Allie feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it the best to hear them "talk"? I could listen to it all day!

    ReplyDelete