Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March is over already?

Part of my daily work is processing forms people send in with their work searches. Its been strange this week, seeing "week of March 29 to April 3." It doesn't seem like 2010 is already three months in!

March saw an increase in mileage, but along with that an added concern about keeping myself injury-free. While its disappointing that I have to wait even longer to achieve my goals, I'm confident I will achieve them and stay healthy in the process.

This month's stats: 32.6 miles run, in 7 hours, 35 minutes, 19 seconds. February was 25.8 miles and 5:41:54. I increased my miles, even with a full week off!

Year-to-date stats: 81.3 miles, 18:06:43.

So my focus shifts away from the half marathon for a month or two. Hopefully in that time I can get a consistent schedule and running base.

As I write this we're getting ready for our Easter trip to Carbondale. We haven't been there in almost a year and a half, but I doubt the place has changed much. It will be fun seeing the old stomping grounds, and showing them to Allie even if she won't remember it later.

Allie has had many firsts this month! Its so hard to believe she's already 5 months old. Time has gone so fast. I've been thinking lately about how tiny she was when she was born, and how hard those first days were. They were totally worth it.

1 comment:

  1. It's crazy how fast time goes. Hope you guys had a nice trip down south.

    ReplyDelete