Friday, March 19, 2010

Time!

I had some last night! All the chores we must (well, I must) complete each night were done by 7:30! It was pure bliss and I would have loved to just sit on the couch and watch basketball with Doug, but my to-do list kept me working. But it was worth it. I cleaned the kitchen and finished loading new music onto my ipod. Its impossible to keep the kitchen clean during the week and I hate cleaning it first thing Saturday morning.

On the ipod project however, I changed up my playlist and I'm not real happy with the results. I'll have to work on that more this weekend.

How did we accomplish such a feat? First I must muse... how funny it is that I consider getting my chores done by 7:30 a feat! Anyway, we made this potato corn chowder in the crockpot for dinner (which made us late in the morning but was worth it after work!), then took a family walk and afterward took Allie upstairs to feed her and get her ready for bed.

I always think I'm getting the routine down of being a working mom and coordinating the house and my working out and LIFE... so I'm sure something else will pop up here to make me realize I really have no idea what I'm doing.

But for now its Friday afternoon and I'm looking forward to listening to the Badgers play their first NCAA game this afternoon and going home to relax for the weekend before the craziness that will ensue over the next two weekends.

On a side note, I recently discovered how to put links in blog text, such as the chowder link up above. This is a fun tool!

1 comment:

  1. There was a time when we lived in New Mexico when I was commuting a lot that I think we would have starved to death without the crock pot. Happy Blog-o-versary.

    ReplyDelete