Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Spin class, how I've missed you

I got to take a spin class last night for the first time in about three months. It was fantastic. I know I've been needing to start cross training again, right now all I have time for is running. The problem is my time is so limited and it takes a lot of planning to get to the gym for a class or even a swim.

But this week I decided I'm going to make the effort to get that cross training in. And the result was worth it, I felt great. Getting a different workout will help strengthen other muscles and make me a stronger runner. I'm hoping this will help make my knees less sore.

I'd love to get to class twice a week, but once will be good too.

The best part is I've already gotten to the gym three times this week and its only Wednesday! I'll take tonight off and then get back to it at the end of the week and on the weekend.

I'm also excited to report that I'm signed up for my first race in nearly a year. The Shamrock Shuffle was my first race when I started training two years ago and will be my first race again this time around. I was hoping to enter the 10K, but since my longest run to date is only 4 miles, I'm entering the 5K. I'm still happy to be entering a race!

I'm feeling really optimistic right now. My half marathon in May might still be in reach.

2 comments:

  1. YAY! for getting back to spinning. I love spinning. It's exciting that you're going to do the Shamrock Shuffle this year. It's a hard course. We should try to meet up beforehand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. spin is the best!!!

    ReplyDelete