Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Babymoon is back on!

This weekend, Doug and I get to go on a babymoon after all. We're going to Minneapolis Friday through Sunday. It's the weekend we originally planned to go, but this trip has been scheduled and canceled so many times. I'm quite surprised we're going after all.

But we booked the hotel tonight, so its on! We have a low budget, but upon research found that there will be plenty for us to do that is free and/or cheap. I found a web site with a bunch of deals and there are several free places to visit. Not to mention we got a steal on the hotel by using hotwire.com. I've never tried that site before, but if the hotel works out, we sure will use that site again!

Its going to be really nice having a weekend away with Doug, just the two of us, before Allie comes. Life is starting to get a little more crazy by the day, so this will be a nice retreat.

Speaking of Allie, tonight she's been contorting her little body in such a way that I have a hard time bending or generally moving at times. I don't know what the heck she's doing in there, but it sure is making mommy uncomfortable!

Before our retreat, however, there is plenty to do. I actually have a job interview tomorrow afternoon. I haven't mentioned it here because I just don't know what to think, if anything will come of it. I'm certainly still willing and able to work, but I just don't know if an employer is going to hire someone less than two months away from giving birth. But if they like me enough, we can find a way to make it work. I can't lose anything by interviewing for the position.

Also Wednesday, Doug and I are meeting a pediatrician and then we have our third childbirth class in the evening. And then I get up early Thursday morning to head down to Janesville to take my state certification test, to put the "C" in "CNA."

That retreat will certainly be welcome by the time we leave on Friday morning!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck at the interview tomorrow. I agree that it's probably a "no-go" but there's no harm in seeing what they're all about. I thought your post about the cravings was cute. Just wait until you're eating peanut butter out of the jar using a pickle or something really strange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you get to take your Babymoon! My favorite free things in Minneapolis:

    Minneapolis Institute of Arts
    -near this is "eat street" amazingly tasty cheap ethnic food. my fave...the jasmine deli.

    the lakes! Lake Harriet, Calhoun and Lake of the Isles, great place for a stroll, ice cream and perhaps a picnic.
    -best food on the lakes, the Tin Fish on Lake Calhoun.
    -best food near the lakes, Broder's on 50th and Penn...go to the deli not the formal restaurant. We ate there almost weekly when we lived near it!

    Mall of America + Ikea
    -shopping, shopping and more shopping...plus swedish meatballs at ikea! great combination! :)

    ReplyDelete