Thursday, September 17, 2009

I am a CNA!

Despite my nerves, which made my mind go blank a few times, I have passed my state certification test. I am a certified nursing assistant in Wisconsin!

My name will be on the nurse aide registry online within two days and I'll get my card within two weeks. I am so proud. I have several goals and this is only a small part of the biggest one.

So I could actually pursue CNA jobs now, but I won't. No one will hire me less than two months from giving birth and I couldn't do the CNA job right now if I wanted to. Its very physical work. Even the limited amount we did in clinical, which was two months ago, wore me out.

Its too bad the timing worked out the way it did. I wouldn't mind having a job sometime soon. But we will make it and the end is in sight. I am pretty confident that I can get a CNA job fairly quickly once I start applying. There are plenty of positions to be found.

Time is starting to seem a little faster, though still slow. So I know Allie will be here in no time and then it will be time to go to work.

So tonight I'm enjoying the fulfillment of achieving a goal. And tomorrow Doug and I are off to our vacation. Life is good.

Today reaches the 33-week mark, I have seven weeks, just 49 days to go! I'm getting bigger. I have more stretch marks and my belly button is starting to become an outie. Its just another month and a half! Last night at childbirth class we toured the hospital birthing center... just another reminder of how real this is and how close its getting.

2 comments:

  1. Woah. I didn't know your belly button could switch from being an innie to an outie. That's just one more crazy thing I would have never guessed about pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh there are plenty of things you would have never guessed!

    ReplyDelete