Wednesday, September 30, 2009

We can take Allie home from the hospital

Doug and I spent our anniversary buying Allie's car seat. What a difference a year makes. We were laughing about it. Last year we went to the restaurant we ate at the night he proposed and a movie. This year we bought our daughter's car seat and had dinner in front of the TV. At least it was our special anniversary steak dinner. I started clearing the table earlier, but ran out of energy to finish. That seems to be a recurring theme.

So we have the car seat. We just need to take it somewhere to get it installed correctly and then we can take Allie home from the hospital. While we were at the store, it happened that they were giving a car seat presentation, so we stuck around for that. I didn't know there were so many kinds of car seats and that kids have to stay in boosters up to age 12! I don't remember being in any kind of car seat that long.

After dinner we took the car seat out of the box and spent about a half hour just looking at it. We had no idea what to do with it. I'm glad we can get someone to install it for free.

So Allie's room is pretty much ready. We have a place for her to sleep and we can take her home from the hospital. We can dress her, once we get all her clothes washed that is. We can feed her. I think the only real need we can't cover yet is changing. We have a place to do it, just no supplies. I'd say if Allie came today we are decently ready, though we would have to scramble to get the last few necessities. But I am sure those will be much closer to taken care of after the shower this weekend, which I am so excited about!

1 comment:

  1. And I bet you are ready for her to come just as soon as she's full term and not a day later!

    ReplyDelete