Saturday, September 26, 2009

A milestone

Yesterday, Friday, Sept. 25, I made my FINAL car payment! After 60 months, I now own my 2001 Nissan Altima. It was a significant day for me.

I suppose it was somewhat appropriate, though quite exhausting, that I spent a lot of yesterday in the car that I now own.

It was a fun day. I drove down to Rockford for lunch with an old friend from high school who I haven't seen in two years. It was so great to see you Sheri!!

Then in the evening, Doug and I went to our final Brewers game of the season. It was a great game. I only wish they had played that well two months ago when it mattered!

I've driven this car for five years now, putting almost 100,000 miles on it. It looks kinda beat up, but its a great car and I hope I can get a few more years out of her before she bites the dust. It will be nice going for awhile without any car payments (Doug paid off his car three years ago), though I know we will eventually want to buy a better car for driving around with Allie and all the stuff that will have to go with her. But for now, I'm basking in the glory of paying $0 for a car payment every month!

No comments:

Post a Comment