Tuesday, September 8, 2009

How I'm feeling right now

The short version: I can't breathe and I go to the bathroom a lot!

I feel like I've crossed some kind of threshold of pregnancy where simple tasks become a challenge. I'm still feeling really good, still able to be active. But the list of aches and pains and complaints is growing. And its been hard to find the motivation to get anything done. I feel like sometimes all I do is complain. Doug has been such a champ dealing with it all!

Pregnancy hasn't been much like I imagined it so far, its really been a lot easier than I thought it would be. But as I'm going through the home stretch I'm ready for it to be over. Mainly because I want to meet my little girl, but I wouldn't mind my body being mine again!

Allie has been on a growth spurt for the good part of a week now. Last week I felt like I lost all energy. Then I got my energy back but with a ferocious appetite. I feel like Allie is stealing everything I eat before I get a chance to digest it! Add to that the morning sickness-like nausea I've been having and thats just the beginning.

This is the third or fourth night in a row I've been up in the middle of the night to eat. And its the second night that I haven't been able to get back to sleep. Getting comfortable after having my sleep interrupted has not been the easiest task. And getting up in the middle of the night, which happens more frequently these days, is a challenge because my body gets so stiff while I'm sleeping. At least it gets better as I get moving during the day.

My feet and ankles are swelling, for some reason my right is more swollen than my left. The joints in my fingers are sore too as well as my ankles. I did something to my knee on Friday and only now, early Tuesday morning, is it finally starting to feel better. The ache I've had in my groin since about 24 weeks is becoming more constant, but I'm happy at least it doesn't feel any worse.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure as far as easy or hard times in pregnancy, I've had it pretty good. I'm proud to say I get to the gym five to six days a week and I'm not completely helpless. Its only in the last week that its really started to get tough and wear on me a little. I wonder if my passenger is as ready as I am to get out and get a little more space?

As much as I may be complaining, I am enjoying myself too. I may be enjoying food a little too much. All the preparations have been fun. Allie moves around so much and I really love that feeling. I wish Doug could feel her the way I do. This certainly hasn't been all bad. That being said though, November can't come soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment