Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Where did the summer go?

I can't believe its already September. It seems like it should still be mid-August. The summer is gone, though it really didn't feel like summer.

For the life of me I can't figure out where the summer went. Since I had my unemployment benefit problem, Doug and I couldn't afford to do much, even around town, for much of the summer. We did get to see a lot of Brewers games, though this definitely wasn't the year to spend the money on that nine-pack. Other than that, there was school and getting ready for baby. Not the most exciting summer ever.

But there are much more exciting things coming up this fall. And I'm ready for them. I'm starting to reach a point where I feel like I've been pregnant forever. As of today I'm 31 weeks, but I've still got nine to go!

I'm starting to notice a lag in my energy levels. Its like I have a limited amount each day and usually by the time I work out in the morning, I'm spent. So do I work out or do I skip that in favor of getting something done around the house?

We started childbirth class last night. It was good and informative. But just the little bit I've learned so far makes me a bit frightened about the whole labor and delivery experience. It will be what I make of it. I can suffer or I can persevere. But honestly, I think I might suffer more. I guess I'll have to just wait and see.

So now I'm down to just two months to go and wondering what those months will bring. The doctor's appointments will become more frequent and we'll finish Allie's room and start collecting things she needs; hopefully Doug and I will be able to take a little vacation somewhere. But what else? And what happens in November? So while I'm a little disappointed we didn't have a very eventful summer, I know that a crazy fall is looming and this is what we've been looking forward to all year.

No comments:

Post a Comment