Monday, September 21, 2009

Looking back, looking ahead

Yesterday was the Fox Cities Marathon. I ran the half marathon there last year and shattered my expectations. It was a month later I went down with a pelvic stress fracture. I suppose I could say that race was partly to blame. I decided to ditch my run/walk intervals and ran most of the race. In my enthusiasm to train without walking, I did too much too soon.

Early this year I thought yesterday's race might be my first full marathon. Now I'm hoping next year's Fox Cities Marathon can be my first full marathon.

I've said it over and over again here, but this has been a tough year. There has been a lot of disappointment. But no matter how rough this year was, I will not call it a bad year. Our lives are improving for the better. As hard as that has been to say sometimes this year, its true.

There is just so much to look forward to. Just as my life has changed dramatically in the last year, I know by the time I get to that race next year, my life won't even resemble the one I'm living right now.

I've been in this holding pattern for a few months now. I can't get a CNA job yet. I can't lose the weight I've been gaining, can't run. I even decided not to go back to band for the fall season.

I'm stuck, but the end is in site. Cheesy as it sounds, I really do see the light at the end of the tunnel. Allie will be here in about six weeks. Until she does get here, there's plenty of stuff to keep me and Doug busy. Within three months or so I can apply for a CNA job and I can hopefully start running again. I can train for my goal races and I can lose the weight. I will go back to band.

I will find the new normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment