Thursday, September 24, 2009

Glad thats over

I had my second glucose test yesterday and I passed! I had to be tested again because I guess I barely passed it the first time. The nurse didn't say this time if it was barely passing or not, but I still passed that test not once, but twice! I'm glad thats over with. The glucose/gestational diabetes issue was something that made me nervous during pregnancy just because of family history. But thats over now!

They also checked my thyroid again yesterday, and thats still a little low. So my dose of the thyroid supplement is going to be increased a bit.

Other than that, things are looking good. I'm still measuring ahead, but the rate of growth has slowed. Yesterday I measured about two weeks ahead at 36 cm, and its supposed to be 34. I was two weeks ahead at my last appointment two weeks ago. But at the appointment before that it was about five, which is why I had the growth ultrasound. So overall I'm not worried about the measurements because I've read that the margin of error on uterus measurements can be up to plus or minus 2 cm. Oh, I guess I should mention that the measurements I'm talking about are the size of my uterus.

I'm still gaining weight like its going out of style, but instead of being upset, I'm just looking ahead six weeks to welcoming my baby into the world and then losing this weight.

I go back to the doctor again in two weeks and after that I'm weekly until Allie comes out. I'm ready for her to come out, but I know she won't be ready for at least three, and preferably six weeks. We can't wait to meet you Allie!

No comments:

Post a Comment