Saturday, September 12, 2009

32 weeks... We're growing

I thought I was big before, and now look at me!!


This is 32 weeks, 2 days. I still have 8 weeks to go! How much bigger will I get? How much bigger will Allie get? How much has she grown in the two weeks since the growth ultrasound? From my appetite earlier this week, I know she had a growth spurt. And in my reading I have learned that she will grow a lot from now until her birth.

My belly is protruding more and more every day. In fact, my posture is starting to get tricky. Since I'm expanding outward, I tend to arch my back when standing. That hurts my back, but the problem is, I feel strange standing straight... it feels like I'm slouching!

Its a challenge for me now to move certain ways. Like to bend over and pick something up, I tend to bend over with straightened knees now, not cool. I've always lifted with my back instead of my knees anyway, and its even worse now. I need to move my legs apart more and then bend my knees and lean over, or else I can't reach. Its impossible to do this at all when Allie is sitting high right under my ribs, which is where she likes to sit most of the time.

The good news? I'm still able to tie my shoes. I just have to put my foot up on the kitchen chair and lean to one side or the other. Though with my feet swelling now, I don't know how much longer I'll be able to get those shoes on my feet.

Washing my hands, I have to bend over to get to the sink because I can't get as close to the counter, depending on how high it is. The distance between me and the kitchen cabinets is increasing too.

I was a little too whiny in my last post. Like I said, I know I've had it good this pregnancy. But at the same time, pregnancy is starting to kick my butt. I'm slowing down a bit, but hopefully not stopping. I have my list of things that need to get done around the house and I consider it a good day if I get one of those items crossed off, no matter how small. However, some days I accomplish nothing. Sometimes I'm not on my feet very long at all before my body tells me to sit down. So imagine my delight when I was able to cross two items off the list on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment