Thursday, October 1, 2009

Its October and the countdown is on

Well, 35 weeks down and 5 weeks to go. Thats only 35 days!

This is crazy how fast time is flying. I feel like it was just the other day I wrote I didn't know where the summer went, and now I don't know where September went.

Allie's arrival is drawing closer. If she decides to come early, we could have her here later this month! One of the couples in our childbirth class had their baby last Sunday - a month early. Wow.

I feel like Doug and I are somewhat prepared if Allie were to come really early. But there's still plenty of preparation to do. And I'm sure as her due date gets closer, the confidence I'm feeling will go away.

There's a lot more to do in coming days. My shower is this weekend, then after that Doug and I will have to determine what we don't have yet that we really need. We'll need to get the house cleaned and all of Allie's clothes washed. Starting in just over a week, I'm going to the doctor's office weekly. There are a few things I need to get for the hospital time. And I'm sure there are many more tasks that I don't even know about yet. I'm also hoping Doug and I can really take advantage of the time we have left with just the two of us. Everything will change in a pretty short time for all of us.

While the time seems kind of slow when its actually happening, in just over a month when we have Allie in our arms, I'll still be marveling at how quickly time goes by. I'm sure I'll be saying that a lot as Allie grows. This is an amazing time in all our lives and I am hopeful we will cherish every minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment