Sunday, October 11, 2009

36 weeks... Uncomfortable but not miserable

Here's my latest picture, at 36 weeks and 3 days.

I'm huge! Baby has started dropping though, so I'm not sure I've grown as much as redistributed. My lungs aren't squashed anymore, so I'm breathing a little easier for the most part. But the trade-off is that my bladder is being pressed more so even if I don't have to use the bathroom, I feel like I do. Bending is still difficult and my back gets sore when I'm on my feet too long or even when I'm not. It pretty much has a mind of its own.

Laying in bed is the worst, though I can't complain too much because I still get pretty good sleep. Every couple nights or so I have some time up in the middle of the night. The good thing about not working, however, is that I can usually make up that lost sleep. With my sore back it often hurts to turn in bed. I don't move in bed as much as I used to and when I need to, its easier to get up and use the bathroom and then lay down in the position I wanted to switch to. My shoulders and neck are sore off and on from sleeping on my side.

I'm uncomfortable, but not miserable. I'm still able to do most things for myself, though its always nice when Doug is around because I can make him do things. Thank you honey! I can still work out, though I'm more limited. Right now I use the elliptical and I swim. Hopefully I can do both up until I deliver.

Its kind of strange that my attitude is better today than it was a few weeks ago. I guess a lot of the annoyances don't seem as important. However, the tingling in my middle and ring fingers of the right hand, from the carpal tunnel, is still quite irritating.

This morning I discovered that none of my coats fit around me. I can button only two out of four buttons on my winter coat. Hopefully the temps warm up a bit or else I guess I just get to look silly in my ill-fitting coats. Its a small price to pay though. As of today, only 25 days until baby Allie is due!

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope you don't freeze. It's getting chilly out there. Maybe you can wear one coat on your back and stick your arms through the other one so it can cover the front of you. That would look totally normal... haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you don't freeze as well!!! Maybe you would try wearing a big scarf that you could tuck into the open buttons? (I don't know if that makes sense...but like the scarf would cover the parts of you your coat can't close around?) You're getting sooo close!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the concern ladies! Luckily its not super freezing right now so my regular jacket with a sweater seems to be OK. That jacket does still zip, except it rides up and looks dumb, so I try not to zip. I'm just glad I'm not going into winter with this big belly!

    ReplyDelete