Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A perfect fall day

Finally, we got nice fall weather instead of icky fall weather this week. Up to now, it seemed like the weather skipped from summer to cold. Too bad the cold weather killed most of the leaves in our yard, but there are still some on the trees.

But this week the temps have gone back up and we've gotten glimpses of the sun. I've enjoyed wearing short sleeves and flip flops and, in turn, not squeezing my feet into normal shoes or worrying about fitting a coat around me.

Today is the kind of day when I would love to run outside. Its warm and sunny and the leaves are all colored, everything is beautiful. My favorite place to run in the fall is the Military Ridge trail in Verona. Here's a couple pictures I took last year:

Isn't that pretty? But instead of running here today, I worked out on the elliptical for 45 minutes at the gym. It was a great workout though! Its so weird how one week I can feel completely lifeless and lethargic and the next week feel great. Thats how its been for me comparing this week to last week. Last week I only got myself to the gym once and my workout wasn't that great. This week, I've worked out twice so far and both were awesome!

Unfortunately I have some more discomfort issues that are now limiting me to just the elliptical. But I am glad that a day away from 38 weeks pregnant, I am still working out at all! Maybe if I keep working out like this, Allie will come out sooner!

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the great work, Jessica! Your fitness level is going to make labor easier for you for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling good. Love the pictures. Our pretty fall days have been too few and far between.

    ReplyDelete