Thursday, October 15, 2009

Full-term baby

Allie is at 37 weeks today, what's called full term. Her lungs, the last part of her to develop, are developed. If she were born today she would be able to breathe and survive outside my womb. If labor started today, there wouldn't be any efforts to stop it. For all intensive purposes, we could have her arriving anytime from now to five weeks from now, though I certainly hope it won't be five weeks because that would be two weeks overdue.

I feel like I've been pregnant forever, and its getting old. As much as I'd like Allie to come out right now, I do know its better for her to stay in the full 40 weeks. But sleeping is increasingly more uncomfortable, my back tends to hurt all the time and I'm ready for my body to be mine again. On the other hand, the house isn't ready for Allie yet. We're getting close, but not quite there.

No comments:

Post a Comment