Friday, October 2, 2009

Energy, energy, where have you gone?

Geez, it seems like I'm exhausted more often than not these days. Seems like I get wiped out so easily and its been ages since I got anything crossed off my to-do list. Some days its just a struggle to get the kitchen clean and get a workout (or at least a shower) in.

This had been pretty infrequent over the last month or so, but this week has been terrible. My sleep has gotten really inconsistent. I get so tired and sleep in big clusters, but then it gets uneven and I don't sleep well at all. Last Sunday I napped for two hours and still slept about 10 hours that night. But maybe because of that, I didn't sleep nearly as well Monday night into Tuesday. Wednesday I had to get up early, so I was dead tired and slept late again on Thursday. Then I napped again Thursday and slept late today. I have a feeling I'm due for a sleepless night tonight.

I've also been having some morning sickeness-like nausea this week. Its terrible because sometimes eating makes it better and sometimes eating makes it worse. Maybe its yet another growth spurt for Allie... but how many more are there going to be? Will I just be exhausted and feeling yucky for the next month?

I'm really starting to understand why many women are antsy to get their babies out once they reach full term, 37 weeks. My round ligament pain as well as hip/groin/lower back soreness have been back with a vengeance this week. In addition, I'm now experiencing sciatica, the pinching of the big nerve that goes from the spine down into the legs. I also had to add another pillow to my sleeping arrangement because my belly feels really heavy in bed.

Doug has been so sweet. He's now volunteering to do most of the grocery shopping. Thats a big deal because usually I have to really twist his arm to get him to set foot in any store. I still have to make the list, but not having to physically do the shopping is nice. I'm also constantly apologizing to him for complaining so much and he insists that I'm not! I may be pushing him out of bed with all my pillows, but he is at least acting like he doesn't mind.

Through all of this, I'm doing my best to stay positive and keep my eye on the prize. Allie will be here soon enough and all of this discomfort will be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment