Monday, October 26, 2009

Special things for Allie

I'm overdue to post pictures of Allie's finished room, as well as some other special things we have gotten for her!

First, her baby book! Its not a very good picture because its not very easy to take a picture of a book. Anyway, we can put in her picture and under the picture it says "Once upon a time," and the book has a fairy tale theme. Its so adorable. I love it! I'm already starting to write Allie's story in it.

Here's Allie's car seat. Doug and I installed it and got the seat belt tightened as far as I could make it go. The next day I went to a car seat safety check and found that it still wasn't tight enough! But the people checking it made it nice and tight and its all set to bring Allie home from the hospital. One of the more important items we have for the baby, we got the car seat with a generous gift from Doug's parents.

The matching stroller. We're keeping it in the living room for awhile to try and get Monk to be comfortable with it. She is such a scared dog, so we're trying to get her to live with Allie's things. There will be lots of scary stuff coming for Monk to get used to!
Last, but not least, Allie's completed room.

Its too bad I can't get all of the wall's artwork in one picture. Its so pretty.

Here's the other side of the wall art work, as well as the stocked changing table.

The last items we needed for the room are in that corner: A lamp, a book shelf that will double as a table, a clock and a phone. The clock and phone are for mommy and daddy's convenience, as I'm sure we'll spend plenty of time in there! I decided to cover the couch in a sheet and yes, it does look kind of sloppy, but it matches the room better than the red.


And last, but not least, Allie's name! It turned out a little crooked, but you can't tell unless you're really looking for it. Regardless, I really like how it turned out. I'm so excited!

See Allie, we've got so much cute stuff for you, its time for you to come out and enjoy it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment