Sunday, October 18, 2009

Foods I am loving right now

So I don't know if these qualify as cravings, but I definitely have a few food items I just can't seem to live without.

1) Cereal. I had Doug buy three boxes of it this week. We usually get two, one for each of us. But I ate all mine and a lot of his last week. In fact, I finished the cereal on Wednesday. So Thursday and Friday were very sad days. My current favorites are Frosted Mini-Wheats and Honey Smacks.

2) Peanut butter. I made peanut butter cookies last week, and I'm really not a peanut butter cookie person. I'd rather have chocolate chip. But since I'm obsessed with peanut butter, these sounded really good, and they were. Doug and I ate most of them within two days. Other great ways to eat peanut butter? On toast, and in a sandwich with strawberry jam.

3) Chocolate milk. Skim milk with the nestle powder. SO good. I know I shouldn't drink my calories, but I just can't help it. And this way I'm definitely getting my calcium. I've never been a milk person, by the way, so this is better than nothing. In addition to three boxes of cereal, our weekly groceries also include two gallons of milk.

I also get the occasional hankering for a Culver's double cheeseburger and I love all things ice cream... no wonder I've gained so much weight in pregnancy! There's not much I can do about it now, however. So I'll enjoy it for these last couple weeks and then see about getting back on track.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's interesting that you are craving things that you're not normally crazy about. Pregnancy is weird :).

    ReplyDelete