Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Domestic diva?

Not quite. This is what I did yesterday:

I finally finished installing knobs on the cabinets in my kitchen. Domestic diva worthy, I suppose, except that it took me more than a year to get it all finished! I started this sometime in July of 2008. I did the top cabinets, except the ones over the stove. Then the stuff sat on the kitchen counter a few months before it finally got shoved in a closet. This summer I took it out and installed a few more, but it still wasn't done. The knobs and tools sat on the kitchen counter until yesterday when I finally finished the project!

I thought installing knobs would be easy enough, but it really wasn't. A lot of the knobs next to each other aren't level. Then again, niether are the doors they are on! Its not perfect, but I'm happy its finally done. It won't work when we're ready to sell the house, but we'll be getting new cabinet doors and stuff at that point anyway because there were already a bunch of holes in them when we moved in.

My next house will most definitely have cabinet hardware already installed! Or someone will do it for me. I have enough knobs left to install them in the half bath, but I think I'll wait awhile before I will tackle that project.

Its nice to be getting all of this stuff done. We're working slowly to get the house all cleaned up and then to maintain it before and after the baby comes. I've also been baking a lot. In the last week I've made zucchini bread, banana bread and peanut butter cookies. I think Doug is enjoying the benefits of my nesting. Don't these look yummy?

1 comment: