Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Busy day

Today was the most productive day I've had in quite a long time. Our to-do list keeps growing, and its time to get moving on it!

I have finally realized that if I'm going to get anything done, I need to quit being lazy in the mornings, at least some days. So I started this morning by putting towels in the wash and going to the gym. By 1 p.m., I had all the towels in progress, my workout, shower and lunch all done. Thats pretty good considering most days I haven't even showered by 1.

Of course I know I need to pace myself, so after lunch I relaxed a bit and took a nap. I'm so tired lately!

Then this afternoon I cleaned the basement. I cleaned a couple months ago and got rid of a lot of things. Today I needed to clean the dirty laundry area and get rid of a lot of junk thats accumulated. I broke up the big furniture boxes, swept the floor, washed the rug and cleaned the top of the washer and dryer as well as the shelves next to them. It looks so pretty.

I had decided I wanted to wash Allie's clothes in a clean laundry room. So now that I've gotten that task checked off, next is getting the laundry going.

Tonight we had the most fun of the day, though I was pretty exhausted for it. We started our shopping to get the rest of the stuff we need before Allie comes. We got the diaper bag, some scented drawer liners for her dresser and the changing table items.

Needless to say, I'm skipping the gym on Wednesday. I'm in for a sore body.

Next on the list is starting to organize Allie's room so I can get all the laundry out and start washing. We have so much stuff to wash, I wonder how long it will all take.

Being realistic, I know I can't have a productive day like this every day. I just don't have the energy. But I've gotten a good start and if I can do this two or three times a week, it'll get done. Doug is going to help me at night and on weekends as well. I'm so happy its all coming together. Our Allie will be here in no time at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment