Sunday, October 4, 2009

A great party for Allie

I feel so privileged to have my great friends and family. My baby shower yesterday was awesome, thanks to Jeni and Julie, along with my mom, Johanna and Jocelyn. Just look at this great setup! They got a chocolate fountain!

I didn't get to have very much chocolate stuff because I ate too much of the other yummy food. Julie, if you read this, I LOVED that quiche!

I also chuckled at one of the games, where people had to guess what childhood events happened to me or Doug. I didn't even know everything on the list! Of course my family had to drag out some embarassing pictures from my childhood too.

I only took these two pictures because my camera batteries were dying and I was too busy visiting to take pictures. Besides, how could I take pictures of myself? I did bring the camcorder along and I had Jocelyn do some filming. We're going to use this to learn how to get video off the camcorder and onto a DVD. I might even try to figure out how to post video to the blog! Stay tuned.

By the way, I love how this shirt made me look not as huge as I am. Oh, and my hair has been looking really good lately, though its hard to tell in this picture. There will be some things I miss about pregnancy.

And I felt so special to have so many people come to celebrate with me. Several family members and friends traveled into Rockton for the day. I am truly blessed.

We got a lot of useful stuff for Allie and now the race is on to get the rest of it! Doug and I have a priority list with all the stuff we need. We need to hurry and get it all and get the house organized. We're going into the time where the to-do list is growing every day and time is getting quite short!

On a side note, I had a great workout today. This is blog-worthy for me just because I've been writing so much lately about how uncomfortable I am and how I have no energy, so I'm happy to write about positive happenings. For some reason I had great energy today and still feel great after that workout. I don't know what made it so great, but if I could get a few more workouts like that, I certainly wouldn't complain.

1 comment:

  1. I was truly happy to do it, and feel blessed to be an aunt again, and to have you as my sister, and oh yeah, Doug is pretty cool too!

    ReplyDelete