Friday, October 23, 2009

Things I miss

In no particular order...

1) Running!
2) The ability to bend
3) The ability to move in bed
4) Sleeping on my back
5) The ability to put on my shoes and socks without difficulty
6) Exercising like I used to
7) Non-maternity pants
8) Pajamas and t-shirts that fit
9) Wearing my wedding ring on my finger instead of on a necklace
10) Having normal feeling in my wrists/hands (as opposed to tingling in my fingers and other pleasures of pregnancy carpal tunnel syndrome)
11) Sleeping without 71 pillows around me (OK, really its 5 counting the ones under my head, but do you know how hard it is to get settled in bed with that many pillows?)
12) Just being able to walk without getting stiff and sore later
13) Having more than two pairs of shoes that fit
14) Having enough clothes that I could put off doing laundry for a week or more
15) Spinning
16) Working
17) Sleeping more than two hours without getting up to use the bathroom (at this point, sleeping two hours in between feedings is looking much more appealing)

This is not an all-inclusive list.

Its amazing the activities you take for granted, the ability to bend, for instance. But I'll slowly be getting back most, if not all of this list, within a few weeks. For now I guess I just get to keep waiting and waiting and waiting... I see the end of the tunnel, but its still a little far away.

On the fun side, however, Allie's room is just about officially all the way done. I got a small bookshelf to double as a table and a lamp yesterday, and those were the two remaining things I wanted to get for the room. I just need to vacuum in there again (I hate how everything is packed in styrofoam!) and put stuff in the shelves, and then the room is really officially ready. I'll post pictures soon. I have a lot of pictures I want to post now... I really need to get cracking!

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww. Sorry you're feeling icky. Sending you good vibes! It's all gonna be worth it when she comes!

    ReplyDelete