Monday, October 12, 2009

First of the weeklies

I had my first weekly doctor's appointment today and with it the first internal exam. My pregnant brain got the better of me this morning because I thought the appointment was at 9:45, when it was at 9:30. So I thought I was leaving early enough to take care of things before the appointment, when that actually made me late! The funny thing is that Doug kept trying to remind me of the time too, not to mention I've had a printout of all my appointments hanging on the refrigerator for months now. I think I've just had a lot of appointments at 9:45, which is what made me think this was too.

Anyway, things are moving along as they should be. I am 1 cm dilated, 70 percent effaced and -1 station, which refers to baby's position in my pelvis. Allie is definitely head down too. I was pretty sure of that, but its good to get it confirmed.

I'm in the home stretch, but it sure doesn't feel like it. Time just keeps going slower and slower. As it all draws closer I'm getting more nervous. Not so much about the pain, but the whole labor and delivery process in general. Thats to be expected, of course, seeing as how I've never done this before. I just hope everything goes how it should.

No comments:

Post a Comment